Pages

Apr 22, 2011

Things I Loved to Eat Today!


 I am trying sooooo hard to come up with some new lean and green dinners.  I feel like I have been eating the same 5 things forever.  The last time I went grocery shopping I went out on a limb and bought some Ahi Tuna Steaks.  I have never had much luck in the past with tuna, but I thought I would give it one more chance, and I am sooooooo glad I did!!

Honey Lime Tuna Steaks
(or sweet lime tuna steaks)

1/4 cup light olive oil
1 tbs Old Bay seasoning
1 tbs lime juice
1 tbs Honey or Truvia (hence sweet lime instead of honey lime!)
1 1/2 tsp basil
1 lb. Tuna steaks

Mix first five ingredients in a shallow dish and whisk well.  Add tuna and turn to coat.  Marinate in fridge for 20 mins up to an hour.  Turn occasionally.  
Grill or Broil 8-10 mins per inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  Baste fish with marinade a few times to keep it moist while cooking.

NOTE: I took my fish off of the pan while there was just a bit of pink left in the center.  The fish continued to cook and ended up not being too dry, it was perfect!

I served this with some rice for my family and a giant salad with some broiled asparagus on the side!  It was so so yummy!!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment