Pages

Jan 31, 2013

Pizza...on Medifast?? YES!!


I have had a cauliflower pizza crust pinned on Pinterest forever and just haven't felt brave enough to try it.  But tonight, I was in the mood for something different, so I took the plunge, and BOOOOYYY am I glad I did!  This is by far one of my favorite new dishes!  You will love it too.  The fun thing is, I can change up the toppings and have so much variety with this one recipe!  So here you go! Cauliflower Pizza!!
(this is for ONE serving)

1C raw cauliflower
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 C low fat cheese or part skim mozzarella 
1T tomato sauce of your liking
3 Morningstar Farms "meatballs"

In a food processor "rice" your cauliflower.  This means pulse your blades until the cauliflower is the size and consistency of rice...about 4-5 pulses ought to do.

place "riced" cauliflower in a bowl and microwave it uncovered for about 7 minutes

add egg whites and seasonings to the bowl and blend.  I also added about 2T of cheese, but I don't think you need it, so next time, I will save it for the toppings.

Spread out on a parchment or foil lined cookie sheet.  I spread mine into about an 8 inch circle.

Bake at 450* for 12 minutes.

Take out of the oven and spread your sauce.

Take your 3 meatballs and pulse them in the blender or chop them finely.

Put your toppings on and place back in the oven for about 5 more minutes.

Slice and ENJOY!!!

1 comment: