Pages

Feb 13, 2011

I am in LOVE (just in time for Valentines Day!)

http://www.fantes.com/images/12526smokers.jpg 

My dear friend Tracy was telling me about her nieces Hawaiian themed birthday party.  As she was describing the Kahlua Pork that she was making to take to the party my mouth literally started to water.  I just had to have it. So right after work, I went directly to the store and bought the goods to make my own Kahlua Pork!  This was so amazing my husband made himself sick because he ate so much.  Here is what you need

5 lb. Pork Shoulder Roast
2 tbls. coarse sea or rock salt
2-4 tbl. liquid smoke

I did mine in a crock pot because I don't own a roaster,  but a roasting pan would work too.  Take your roast and cut deep punctures all over.  Rub the salt all over making sure it gets into the punctures.  Put the roast into your crock pot or roaster and pour the liquid smoke all over.  Rub the smoke into the meat.  

Once it is in the pan or pot, turn it on to low, or 200 degrees.  My roast was done in the crock pot on low after about 4 hours.  I then turned it down to warm and let it sit for an additional 3 hours.  

I served this with baked sweet potato fries and poppy seed salad.  I made the salad by shredding some lettuce, cutting up a cucumber into small pieces and tossing it with about 4 tbls. of Litehouse Poppy Seed dressing. Find by the produce in the refrigerated section.
http://d3hqdt8j93rgvn.cloudfront.net/Image/MEDIUM_40288081216510fd012166dd44e70fa3.jpg

This meal was amazing and I can't wait to make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment