Pages

Jul 18, 2011

I...AM...IN...LOOOVVEEE!

http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/468960b.jpg 

How would you like to be in pure Heaven for less that 150 calories?  Sounds unthinkable right?  WRONG!!  I may be a genius...jusssst maybe.  I have a new found love for Coke Zero Cherry...it might be the hormones, I don't know, but I love it.  I had a stroke of lightening hit me today when making dessert for dinner at our niece's house.  Now, I think I may even be able to get this recipe down to less than 150, but I used what I had on hand, so I will make tweaking suggestions as we go.  Prepare yourself...your mind is about to be blown!
Cherry Coke Cake From Heaven

1 box chocolate cake mix(I used Betty Crocker double fudge cake, but devil's food would work great too)
1 can Cherry Coke Zero
1 6 oz container Lite Cherry Yogurt any brand will do
1/2 cup water

Topping

1 pint heavy whipping cream
(fat free topping or lite whipping cream would save you on calories)
1/4 tsp almond extract
4 tbs. powdered sugar
(if you buy Cool Whip, omit powdered sugar and save the calories)
1 can Lite Cherry Topping
(I used Comstock brand, you could also use the no sugar added variety and ad your own Truvia to it)

Directions

In a large mixing bowl add Coke to the cake mix.  I do not recommend using an electric mixer since the carbonation makes the cake mix expand.  
Pour in the yogurt and the 1/2 cup water. 

I baked my cake mix as 24 cupcakes to make the portion sizing easier.

Bake at 350 for 20 mins.
These cupcakes do not get tall and fluffy, this is a fudgier consistency of cake.

Whip the cream to soft peak.  Once it is to soft peak stage add almond extract and powdered sugar and continue to whip to firm peaks.

Take 1 cupcake and top it with about 2 tbs. of cherry topping and a dollop of cream.

24 Servings
141 calories per serving

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment