Pages

Jul 17, 2011

Recipes Re-Visited

http://mikeroussell.com/l/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ginger2.jpg 

A few months back I posted THIS recipe.  I had all good intentions to make it tonight, but when it came time to gather ingredients, I was missing the all important apricot jam.  So, I took what I had on hand and made a new recipe!  I call this one Gingeryaki Turkey meatballs.
Meatballs

1 lb. Ground Turkey
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 dried onion or 1/2 cup diced onion
3 garlic cloves minced
1 whole egg
1/4-1/2 tsp. ginger(i used powdered ginger)
1 tbs. teryaki sauce
salt and pepper to taste
Sauce

1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbs. teriyaki sauce
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tbs. brown sugar

Combine all ingredients for meatballs in a bowl and form into balls.  This recipe should make about 20.  Place in a greased baking dish and bake @ 400 for 15 mins.

Meanwhile, whisk together sauce ingredients in a small saucepan.  Bring to a boil and let reduce for 15 mins.  

Pour sauce over meatballs and cook for 5 mins.

I served this over quinoa and had asparagus on the side.  I wish I would have had some green onions to chop up in the sauce...next time for sure!  This would also be good with some crushed pineapple!  

Enjoy!
salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment