Pages

Sep 12, 2012

Saucey!

Sauce making has always kind of intimidated me.  Milk and cheese scorch too fast, tomato sauce is hard to get the right balance for, I never seem to have the right spices.  Well, in the process of our move I was trying desperately to use up everything I possibly could in my fridge and freezer so I didn't have to pack frozen food across the state.  I came up with a little sauce on the spot and I must say, it was pretty legit! I didn't have everything for pesto, and I didn't have everything for spaghetti sauce but I had a ton of spinach to get rid of so here is what I came up with.

Tomato Basil Pesto Sauce

1 can canned whole tomato 
3 cups fresh baby spinach
1 tbs olive oil
2 packets Truvia
3 cloves garlic
1 tbs dried basil
salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.  Pour sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.  Reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins.

I browned up some Italian seasoned ground turkey breast, cooked some whole wheat noodles and mixed this all up in a large bowl them topped it with a little freshly grated parmesan cheese!  It was AHMAZING!  I hope you like it too!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment