Pages

Dec 4, 2012

So NOT worth it!

Say whaaaaa?  What could she mean??  What is so NOT worth it?  I'll tell you...CHEATING!!!  I went home to Idaho for Thanksgiving and for the first couple of days I did really well.  I stayed on plan for every meal except dinner and even then I ate a lot less than I normally would.  I was feeling really good until the actual Thanksgiving feast. I don't know what came over me, but I kind of lost it.  It wasn't that I went overboard so much at that one meal, but the little bit I cheated at that meal opened the flood gates and the rest of my trip was downhill from there.  I always think it will be so wonderful to eat whatever I want and that I will totally enjoy it.  WRONG!  I always feel so guilty while I am cheating that it takes all the fun out of the experience.  So, after 4 days of eating whatever sounded good, I came home and promptly got back on plan.  I didn't weigh when I got home because I didn't want to feel even worse.  I do know this.  I am only 1 more pound down from my first week making a grand total of 7 pounds in 18 days.  The first time I did medifast I lost 9 pounds the first week.  So, obviously that little "bender" was SO NOT worth it.  In some ways I guess it was good for me to see just how much my actions effect this process and that I need to follow the rules or I won't see success.  So, tonight I am experimenting with something I am hoping is delicious!  If it is, I will share it asap!  Hope you all have a wonderful night, and know this...you get out what you put in...you reap what you sew...you are what you eat!!!

2 comments:

  1. I had a pretty similar experience over the holidays. My family came to stay with us for a week, and of course, took us out to eat daily. I have not ventured toward the scale since. We are back on to eating healthy, but its been hard to avoid the temptations we got used to giving into that week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to get back on track! I totally feel you!

      Delete