Pages

Nov 20, 2012

Things I Loved to Eat Today!



It has been a while since I have posted a KICK BUTT recipe, and tonight my friends, I am about to deliver! I stopped at the grocery store tonight after running errands hoping to be inspired.  I perused the refrigerated  salad dressings, and was struck with a recipe lightning bolt!  I picked up a bottle of Litehouse Thai Peanut dressing and thought...this would be perfect in a lettuce wrap recipe. So, here you are, my Spicy Thai Lettuce wrap recipe! The great thing about this recipe is that it works for the whole family.  I served it to my husband in tortillas instead of lettuce, cause he likes a tortilla with everything!  He gobbled it all up!

1/2 cup Thai Peanut dressing
Siracha Hot sauce to taste (I used about 2T)
1t Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 lb Ground Turkey ( I used 99% fat free)
1/4 c chopped green onion
Broccoli Slaw (in the bagged salad section)
Lettuce Leaves Butter or Iceberg

Brown your ground turkey with the chopped green onion.  While that is cooking mix the dressing, hot sauce and soy sauce in a small bowl.  When your turkey is done browning mix in the sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes while you stir it all in.  Prepare your lettuce leaves and top them with the broccoli slaw and the turkey meat.  Wrap up and enjoy!

If you are on the Medifast plan, you may need to ad more veggies to this meal.  I use spinach in my morning shake so I don't need as many veggie servings with my dinner.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you throw together simple recipes.
    Down in the South, I've found Bragg Liquid Aminos to use in place of soy sauce. It has less sodium, and 16 amino acids.

    ReplyDelete