Pages

Oct 16, 2010

Count your Blessings

http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/userimages/2008/01/count-your-blessings-with-the-blessings-jar.jpg

As fun as it has been to loose 37 pounds in the last year, I have to say, my body is slowing the weight loss down quite a bit.  I have always been more of a slow and steady looser, but this last few weeks has been a bit ridiculous.  I have not cheated ONCE not ONCE and I am running again so what heck right?  Well then last night I put on a pair of pants that I bought as a goal and they FIT!  So, once again,  I am reminded that what the scale says isn't always a great way to measure success.  So in the spirit of "counting your blessings" here is a list of the successes I needed to remind myself of last night!

1. I am wearing a smaller size of jeans than I have ever worn before
2. I am able to RUN AGAIN!
3. The muffin top effect is truly lessening every day!!!
4. I have been 100% committed to my goal for 2 1/2 months
5. And oh yeah...I HAVE LOST 37 POUNDS IN A YEAR!!

I challenge you all to sit down and make a list of your successes, whether they be for health, personal, spiritual, whatever.  I think it is a good idea to remind ourselves often of what good things we are doing and stop giving ourselves such a hard time about the little things that seem to elude us.

1 comment: