Pages

Oct 30, 2010

My First Time Out

http://healthnews.ediets.com/images/dining_diet.jpg 

As part of my commitment to stay 100% dedicated to my TSFL program, I have avoided dining out.  However, my niece got engaged this last week and we really wanted to take them out for a celebratory dinner.  I had a ton of anxiety about where to eat, and how to order without upsetting our server and what if I didn't enjoy my dinner...blah blah blah.  
We chose to go to Cheesecake Factory...I know sounds crazy huh, so much temptation.  But the reason I chose it was because of their extensive menu.  I knew that they could probably tweak just about anything for me. I was SO impressed!!  My server was so so accommodating about my meal and even made suggestions to me on how to order.  I ended up having a lovely meal of grilled ma hi ma hi, al dente asparagus, and a salad with their house balsamic which was AMAZING!  I truly enjoyed my meal.  I felt so wonderful about the experience.  Then, while the others ordered dessert, I ordered a hot mint tea.  I really had no temptations.  I felt completely satisfied!  It was wonderful!! And honestly, I am sure I could go back and enjoy many different things on their menu and still stay on plan!  
The other bonus to this was that I went out with family, celebrated with food,  but in a good way!  I didn't have to indulge to have a good time! I felt very liberated.  Can I say I didn't wish for a giant slice of their new peanut butter cup cheesecake, no I can't say that, but, I resisted and left there feeling good about myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment