Pages

May 24, 2010

Turkey Burgers With Sweet Red Onion Relish

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgTaQay3a2y9ZsPmYIuck_QxtwNTbsUMB9LrBDo5go7nemqi0HMPB3GMO_PYxJzVTUrM7wbLMl_nLvniPE9XNPWDgtknhYxcdowcADmb00Ssy3Qg9mb29pNjXR7K9daY94vgf9J9Mc4sp57/s400/copy+turkey+burger+close+up.JPG

Just made these tonight for my family...plus one guest and they were a huge hit!! I love ground turkey, I use it in just about every meet dish that I used to use beef for. I have struggled to find an amazing turkey burger recipe. I think after tonight, my search may be over! I served this with broiled asparagus and fresh pineapple. Delish!!

1 tbls. e.v.o.o
2 1/2 c finely chopped red onion
3 tbls. balsamic vinegar divided
1 tsp fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried
1/4 chili sauce
2 tbls grape jelly
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
lettuce
buns ( I used sandwich thins )

1. Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, saute 10 mins or until lightly browned stirring occasionally. Add 2 tbls. of the vinegar, and the thyme; saute for 30 seconds, or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat, keep warm

2. Combine remaining tbls of vinegar, turkey and next four ingredients in a bowl; stir until blended. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping into 1/2 inch thick patties.

3. Prepare grill. Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 mins on each side or until done with no pink.

4. Place on bun and ad 3 tbls. of relish and lettuce.

TIP ALERT:

Since I used lower calorie buns instead of hamburger buns, I put one thin slice of Swiss cheese on mine, and 1 tsp of fat free mayo. I also put pickles on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment