Pages

May 1, 2010

Crab Quesadillas with Pepper Cream

I have no image of this recipe because we ate it too fast! I tweaked this recipe a bit for my mild taste buds! For the pepper cream, you could use just about any kind of pepper you prefer. The recipe calls for fresh Poblano peppers, I couldn't find them at Albertson's or Win-co, so I used Gypsy peppers that have a mild and sweet taste.

2 fresh poblano peppers ( about a half pound)
3 ounces lite cream cheese softened
1/4 fat free sour cream
1 tbls. lime juice
1 teaspoon bottled minced roasted garlic
1 pound lump or imitation crab meat
1 1/4 cup reduced fat Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 tsp. coriander
1/4 tsp. salt
6 8-inch low carb flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
1 1/2 cups chopped tomato

1. Cut chilies in half lengthwise and discard stems, seeds, and membranes. Place chili halves on a foil lined baking sheet skin side up and broil for 15 mins or until chilies are blackened. Remove from sheet and place in a ziplock baggie and let sit for 5 mins. Peel chilies

2. Place roasted chilies, cream cheese, lime juice, garlic and sour cream in food processor and blend until smooth. Reserve 6 tbls. for topping.

3. Combine remaining cream, crab meat, mozzarella cheese, green onions, coriander and salt in a bowl and mix until coated with cream.

4. Spread about 1/3 cup crab mixture on a tortilla fold and place over medium heat until hot.

5. Cover each quesadilla with 1/4 cup of chopped tomato and 1 tbls. cream.

TIP ALERT:

I used fat free sour cream to top mine instead of the cream mixture, I also cut down on the amount of cheese I put in mine. With my modifications each quesadilla was about 4 points! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment