Pages

Mar 21, 2011

Things I Loved to Eat Today!


I have been adding new foods to my plan as I enter the maintenance phase of TSFL  Today, I invented a recipe from a craving I have been having for something sweet and salty and glazed and yummy.  So here you go...April's Apricot Teriyaki Glazed Tofu Turkey Meatball Extravaganza.  That is the official name ahhahaaa!

8 oz Firm Tofu
1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste

Form the meatballs and bake in a 9x13 baking dish at 400 for 20 mins.  Meanwhile, make the glaze

2 tbs. Apricot preserves
1-2 tbs Teriyaki sauce depending on how salty you like it
1 tbs brown sugar
1/3 cup water
salt to taste
Bring glaze to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer till reduced and thickened.

Pour the glaze over the meatballs in the oven and cook 10 more mins.  I even put the oven on hi broil the last 2 mins to crisp it all up.

I served 4 meatballs over 1/3 cup  Quinoa with a side of asparagus and about 1/3 cup sweet corn. 

ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment