Pages

Jan 2, 2011

Things I loved to eat today!

http://www.theculturebite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/dads-pork-loin.jpg 

I know I haven't done a recipe post in a while.  I have kind of been stuck in a rut...until now!  For Christmas dinner I picked up one of these bad boys from Costco.  Pork loin...mmmmm. I cut it in half and made the other half today.  I have prepared it two different ways now and both have been amazing.  I am a firm believer in paying top dollar for quality meats now, I have never tasted anything so delectable! 
Rosemary and herb crusted pork loin

Mix together about 1/4 cup olive oil, and about 2 tsp. of any rosemary based herb blend.  I used a pampered chef blend.  It has rosemary, thyme and garlic.  Then I added a bit of coarse sea salt and let it all infuse for about 10 mins.

 Pour infused oil into a hot frying pan and braise each side of the loin until golden brown and a crust has formed. 

Place loin in roasting pan with the bones facing up. 

Cook for 15 mins at 425 then reduce heat to 350 and roast for 20mins per pound.  Take out of oven and let meat rest for 15 mins before carving.

Onion and Herb Crusted Pork Loin

Follow all the same steps as above only substituting the rosemary for Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb.  Add sea salt and onion flakes to the oil. 

ENJOY!!

I served my 5 ounces of pork with asparagus and cucumbers.  Delish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment