Pages

Aug 21, 2012

Almond Milk Ice Cream

May it be said now that I am a Pinterest JUNKIE!  I love it, and I actually use it a lot.  I cook from Pinterest at least once a week, if not more.  One of my family's favorite Pinterest finds would be baggie ice cream.  My husband loves ice cream and this way, he can have it whenever he wants and the bonus is, there isn't a bunch of garbage packed into it!  We have tried it with half and half, whole milk and almond milk.  Of course the half and half makes the best ice cream, but for a sweet treat that is low in fat and calories, the almond milk did the job!  Here is what I did

1 C Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
1/2 C Coarse Salt
3 Truvia Packets
Vanilla Extract (I use a few drops)
2Tbsp Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
Ice
Big Ziplock Bag
Small Ziplock Bag


In your small bag, mix your "milk", truvia, extracts and syrup.

Fill your large bag about 3/4 of the way with ice.Cover with salt.

Place your small bag of "mix" into the bigger bag and give it a good shake for about 5 minutes.  I actually cover mine with a towel so my hands don't freeze!

You could add all kinds of other flavors or fruit!! Enjoy!

Total Calories 55





No comments:

Post a Comment