Pages

Aug 16, 2010

From my couch to a 5k!!

http://www.active.com/images/upimages/st.%20luke%27s%20logo.JPG

About this time a year ago I challenged myself to begin running. It took me 5 months to get to get up to running a 5k distance and then...I injured my knee...actually, I injured my entire left leg. My soft tissue therapist told me I had one of the worst I.T. band injuries he had ever seen. The depressing thing is, I never had any reason for an injury, one night I went out for a run and BAM, my knee gave out, and I was benched. This was so hard for me and so depressing. I had worked so hard and had accomplished things in my fitness I NEVER thought possible and in one day it was all taken away. Well, this sent me into a spin and I have never been as dedicated to working out since then. BUT now, my knee is better, I know how to keep it healthy, and I have decided to start anew! I want to be able to run in the St. Luke's Women's Fitness Celebration at the end of September! This is a 5k fun run/walk/stroller/wheel party! I have always wanted to do it and I think this year is a perfect time! So to help me I have enlisted the help of my iPod and a fun little app called C25K. This is a running coach right on my ipod! Tonight is the kick off and I am so excited! Wish me Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment