Pages

Aug 13, 2010

Things I loved to Eat Today!!

http://umami.typepad.com/umami/images/2007/08/07/zucchini_fritters.jpg
http://healthyweightlosschoices.com/images/shakes.jpg

I started out my day with a shake...sounds awesome right??? WELL IT WAS! And I will tell you why! I took a little trip to Cash and Carry on Wednesday and purchased 5 bottles of Sugar Free flavoring syrups! One in particular helped make my breakfast shake amazing...Pumpkin Pie! So I blended up my shake, added 1 TBL of the syrup and then tossed in some pumpkin pie spice blend from my spice cupboard, added some ice and cha ching...one of the tastiest shakes I have ever had! This recipe could work with any vanilla based protein shake you choose!

Then for dinner, I tried a new recipe, Zucchini Fritters. I was nervous because I had no idea what to expect but they were so yummy!

1 cup grated zucchini
2 whole eggs
4 egg whites
1 tbl onion finely chopped
onion powder to taste
garlic powder to taste
black pepper to taste

fry these up in a frying pan 1/4 cup at a time. They have a runny consistency so keep an eye on them. These turned out more like a pancake so I put them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven for a few minutes to crisp them up. This recipe made 7 fritters and I ate 3 dipped in a tiny bit of low calorie sun dried tomato dressing and served them along side the leftover pork chop I had in the fridge! They were delish, and I could totally see eating them for breakfast with cinnamon and nutmeg in them instead of onion and garlic!

No comments:

Post a Comment