Pages

Sep 4, 2010

Things I Loved to Eat Today

http://www.rioc.com/images/BBQ.jpg

We spent the most amazing day at Eagle Island today. This morning when I was packing our food I had this genius idea to marinate some chicken so we could bbq it at the park. I was a bit nervous about the outing being my first time "out" while on medifast. I was nervous I would feel triggered to eat so I made sure to pack lots of water, diet coke and I made a fabulous dinner ahead. Can I just say, this was hands down the best chicken I have ever had in my LIFE...and here is what I did:

1 pound raw defrosted chicken tenders
I used tenders because for a picnic setting they cook faster and because they are smaller, you get more char around the corners to enjoy!!

Marinade

In a large gallon sized baggie combine the following
1/3 cup Kraft Sun dried Tomato Vinaigrette
1/4 lemon juice
3 tbl. olive oil
1/4 cup dried onion
1/4 sun dried tomatoes
1 1/2 tbls Mrs. Dash Tomato basil garlic seasoning
1 tbls. garlic salt

Marinate 4-6 hours

We used Mesquite coals on the grill and grilled the chicken until slightly charred on each side. I then grilled some asparagus that had been coated in Crisco butter spray, sea salt and garlic salt. This was seriously the most decadent chicken ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment