So here is a fun little recipe I am making for the youth group tonight. I am subbing the regular pudding mix with sugar free and the sugar with Xylitol. Enjoy
48 Blarney Stones
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup light cream or evaporated milk
1 3 oz. package instant pistachio pudding
green paste food coloring, (optional)
3 1/2 cups oatmeal
- Line two jelly-roll pans or baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper.
- Mix the sugar, butter, and light cream in a saucepan; cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture boils, remove the lid and whisk in the pudding mix and food coloring, if using.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oatmeal.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the parchment-lined sheets.
- When set, store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 97 Calories from Fat 36
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 38% Protein 4% Carb. 58%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 11 mg
Sodium 38 mg
Total Carbohydrate 14 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%