Pages

Mar 15, 2010

Steel Cut Goodness!

http://proofofthepudding.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/pa260338.jpgI have loved the hearty goodness of Steel Cut Oats in the morning for a few years now. I discovered this little gem while I was on a mission to end my migraine headaches and I went on the no sugar, low carb diet. I loved oatmeal in the morning so my nutritionist led me to steel cut oats. These little gems have not been over processed and are left with the fiber that keeps you full longer! Plus for those of you who hate the texture of gummy, slushy oatmeal, these cook up firm and fluffy. My favorite trick is to cook them at night. This method eliminates the thick water and gummy skin that forms in the oatmeal when you cook it the conventional way.

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. The ratio is 2 parts water to 1 part oats.
2. Once water is boiling, pour in the oats, place a lid on top, turn off the burner and let the oats sit all night.

I even found this blog where she gives a crock pot recipe...I am dying to try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment