Pages

Apr 2, 2010

Healthified Strawberry Crepes!

http://recipesrecipesrecipes.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/strawberry-creps.jpg

My family loves breakfast food for dinner...in fact, I am sure all of your families love breakfast food for dinner. I don't know why, but it is something that always makes dinner feel like a special occasion. I especially LOVE crepes. However, these little lovelies can be costly if you are not careful. So, I tweaked the recipe a bit, and JACKPOT...we have another winner. So, for 5.5 points you can help yourself to 4 crepes, a cup of sliced strawberries, and about 3 tbs. of lite Cool Whip. Here is what I did.

1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 packet Truvia sweetener
2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup Egg Beaters original
2 tbs. vegetable oil

Mix all dry ingredients

Whisk together all wet ingredients

Combine the two slowly and whisk until smooth

Let stand at room temp 15 mins

Spray inside of small skillet or crepe pan with non stick spray. Careful, too much spray will ruin the crepe.

Add about 2-3 tbs of batter to the pan and spin the pan around coating entire bottom of pan with batter.

Brown lightly on each side

Stuff crepe with about 1/4 cup strawberries

Top with Cool Whip Lite

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. YUM!!!! I adore crepes! So excited to try your trimmed down version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. April- I make crepes too and you can do half whole wheat flour for an even healthier version. It works,
    I've tried it :)

    ReplyDelete