Pages

Apr 27, 2010

Stuffed Sweeeeeeeet Potatoes!



Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE sweet potatoes. I love them in any shape or form they make them in!! I found this recipe tonight in my WW cook book, and it is s HUGE thumbs up! This was a real treat. If you like sweet potatoes, you will LOVE this!

6 small sweet potatoes
1 15 oz. can pear halves
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup pecans chopped

1. Preheat oven to 375

2. Wrap potatoes in foil; bake at 375 for 50 mins or until done. Let cool slightly. Cut a slit in top of potato; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.

3. Drain pears, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Place pear halves and reserved juice in a food processor; process until smooth. Add potato pulp, sugar, and salt; process until blended. Stir in cranberries and 4 tbls. pecans.

4. Stuff shells with pulp mixture; sprinkle tops with remaining pecans. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and return to the oven for 10 mins.

TIP ALERT:

I used Splenda brown sugar blend instead of regular brown sugar.

Also, I tossed my potato in the microwave for 3 mins first and then cooked it for 30 mins in the oven.

I hadn't eaten all day so I had a chicken breast along with mine, but alone this recipe is 5 points!!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That looks really good, I am goin to have t try this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete