Pages

Apr 4, 2010

Oh the Holidays

http://www.candybaskets.com/portals/_default/skins/candybaskets/images/candybasket%20images/b_Easter%20Bunny%20Deluxe.jpg

Well, I had many intentions to NOT over do it this holiday, and stay far away from the cheap chocolate that we have all over the house, but, to my disgust, I partook. HOW oh how are we ever to reflect at the end of a holiday and be proud of ourselves?? However, I will say this. Tomorrow is a new day, a new week, and I have a new motivation...to work off the extra calories I ate today!!

I think part of my overload today comes from the severe disappointment that I have not lost weight for this whole week. As a matter of fact, I put on .2 pounds. So today, I felt a bit defeated. Then, to top it all off, for some stupid reason I put a full length mirror in my closet...an item I have not owned for about 3 years. It seemed like a good idea yesterday after I cleaned my closet and re organized all of my clothes and jewelry...but then...this morning as I was getting dressed...after feeling a bit depressed already...there it was...my reflection...caught in the corner of my eye...staring me down. Maybe my mental eye was distorted and maybe because I was already feeling like a failure, all I saw looking back at me was failure. So I did what I always do when I feel defeated by my body, I stuff it full of garbage and punish it.

But, I will prevail, and on this day when we celebrate new life, I am going to be grateful for my life, and my chance to renew my motivation and my resolve. Tomorrow is a new day!!

2 comments:

  1. {About not loosing weight this week}. The first week I started exercising and counting calories I gained almost 4 pounds. YES GAINED. Who knows why it happens but their are just those weeks the weight decides to do the opposite or nothing at all. It works its self out though. KEEP GOING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like it would be a better idea to lock up my scale and not look at it for like a month! Plus, after I wrote this post, the old monthly gift showed up explaining the immense need for chocolate and the weight gain! hahahaa!

    ReplyDelete