Pages

Apr 28, 2010

I would sell my soul for this salsa....ok...maybe not?!?!?

http://www.chachies.com/newpacs/small/CH-Mango.jpg

On a whim today, I bought THIS mango peach salsa at Albertson's to take to a play date. Trust me, you will love this stuff. Salsa is such a great diet food because it is packed with veggies! This salsa may be slightly higher in calories since it has fruit in it, but a little goes a long way. I found it in the refrigerated section where they keep the cheese and bacon.

So tonight I made a chicken dish with the rest of it to take to a friend who just had a baby...I didn't try it, but it looked and smelled amazing, and as soon as I get back to the store, I will be making some for myself!

I made this for a family of seven, so the portions were large. This could easily be made to fit any family. I didn't really measure, I just kind of tossed and estimated!!

Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper
In a large frying pan brown chicken breasts for about 3 mins each side.
Place browned Chicken breasts in a large baking dish
cover breasts with salsa
sprinkle with light mozzarella cheese(I used about 3/4 cup for a large casserole dish of chicken)
Place in 350 degree oven and bake for 25-30 mins
Serve with veggies or Quinoa

ENJOY!

TIP ALERT:

Check out the link for more wonderful recipes!!

1 comment: