Pages

Apr 9, 2010

Thanksgiving in April!!

http://www.momsneedtoknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/img_1568.jpg

I know that eating pumpkin flavored things seems like more of a fall thing, but let me just assure you, this little jewel will have you wanting pumpkin every day! My sister is a big fan of this WW recipe, but I was always so satisfied with the chocolate cheat cake, that I never felt like trying in. So on a whim, I bought the ingredients, and I must say, I think I am in love. This is the most moist, delicious cake I have ever eaten, dieting or not dieting! I served this with Cool Whip and it was divine! If you divide a 9x13 cake into 20 pieces, it is only 1.5 points per piece!!!! Here is the recipe:

1 box spice cake mix
15 oz pumpkin puree
1/2 cup water

Mix, spread into a 9x13 pan...batter will be thick.
Bake according to directions
ENJOY...TRUST ME, YOU WILL EEEENNNNNJOOOOYYY!

TIP ALERT:
If you use plain pumpkin puree it is 1.5 points
If you use pumpkin pie filling it is 3 points.

Also

I wanted to link you to THIS website. I found some amazing recipes on here!
I wanted a way to use the other 15 oz. of pumpkin puree left over from my cake, and I found a recipe that is drumroll please....ZERO POINTS!!!

http://ww-recipes.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/weight-watchers-fat-free-pumpkin-pudding-recipe.jpg

If you find the pumpkin flavor too strong, you can add a banana to the mix.

Weight Watchers Fat-Free Pumpkin Pudding recipe
Makes 8 servings

Ingredients
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 (1 1/3 ounce) box sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup water

Preparation
1. Mix the water and pudding together until there are no more lumps.
2. Bring to a slow boil in a saucepan.
3. Stir frequently.
4. Remove from heat and fold in pumpkin and spices.
5. Pour into 8 small serving cups.
6. Refrigerate 2 hours until firm.
7. Top with fat free whipped topping to serve.

WW POINTS per serving: 0
Nutritional information per serving: 16 calories, 0.1g fat, 0.3g fiber


I CAN NOT wait to try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment